[NTLK] Footnote support needed!

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 14:25:56 EDT

Hello,
It seems that the Palm and other platforms do have a
superior support for word-processing nowadays compared
to what the Newton offers.
For I need to write a lot of stuff I´m in a futile search
for an app that supports footnotes in documents on the Newton.
It is nearly impossible to import any modern document from
people for everyone uses footnotes extensively and they all
get lost when importing via RTF into Works or into AvailWorks.

E.g. the Palm has Wordsmith
http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html
which offers all features the newton wordprocessors lack
and that enable the user to exchange documents with their PC
flawlessly.

I fear that this killerapp might drive people like me away from
the Newton, unless I find an alternative.
Therefore my questions:
Is there any workaround for that lacking footnotes support on
the Newton (e.g. with Newtscape)?
Would there be more supportes for an app that supports footnotes
so that we could become the "critical mass" to persuade a programmer
to start integrating such a feature for the Newton?

Hope this issue is of importance to many people

Thanks for your answers

Hagen Lang