Re: [NTLK] Footnotes for the Newton (Newtscape/Applescript?)

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 19:02:38 EDT

Thank you Thomas for your reply,
thatīs what Iīm actually doing, using the Newton for
my Ph.D. which means sitting in libraries for days
making biographical notes, perusing others papers
with lots of footnotes, using the Newton as a notepad
for interviews, typing, handwriting etc...

Some here got me wrong: I did not want to advertise the Palm
5x5 cm screen as a tool for writing, thatīs not the point.
The question is whether there is a less tedious way than Thomas
(and I) did it on the Newton or not and at least there is software for
other PDAs that shows how to provide an easier way.

I also wanted to measure the demand for such a software on the
Newton, but so far the need to deride the Palm seems to be bigger...

So I have to ask again if it might be possible to do a
Footnote->PlainText
and vice-versa-conversion via Newtscape or an (Apple-)Script
(e.g. in Works/Word)?

Thanks for your hints

Hagen Lang