Re: [NTLK] Benefits of footnote-package

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 03:34:01 EDT

Hi Sam,

>Yet is there something that I am missing?

Yes, autarchy from other computers because of the
inability to read/work on drafts from other people who gave
you their Documents (with footnotes)
and the inability to prepare papers solely on your Newton
without the need for a desktop-computer.

Besides the footnote-issue there are enough packages that provide
Works with allmost every formatting-feature conceivable (WriteRight,
WriteStuff,WorksBetter, etc.)
The 2100 is also great at printing to allmost every printer via the
Printpack
drivers using a serial/appletalk-port (e.g. the Magicolor-Laser in our
Lab,
ok, not in colours :-) )

But IŽll see if thereŽs a way to get footnotes converted to endnotes via

AppleWorks or whatever programme and import that into the Newton.
As far as I understand it, there is a limitation in the RTF-capability
of
NCU, maybe I can exhaust this capability a bit...

Hagen