[NTLK] [ANN] The Newted Community Lives!

From: Grant [Spinning Cursor] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 00:54:38 EDT

Woo hoo!

I am pleased to report that the Newted Community is back up and running
(at least the server part of it...) after having the physical box
transported from Miami, Florida to Calgary, Alberta and plugged into its
new network home.

I realize that some pieces of the site may not be completely functional
at this time, but the new administrators (Hey Victor! You still want to
lend a hand?) will be doing their darndest to stomp on any stray bugs and
get everything back up to speed. Stay tuned for a general cleanup of the
site contents, some streamlined navigation, as well as the possibility of
a brand-spankin' new coat of paint. Whew!

     http://newted.dyndns.org/

I would like to once again thank Stacey Tenen for all of the time and
energy he put into maintaining the Newted Community over the past few
years, and for being insightful enough to consider the ludicrous idea of
having a Canadian adopt his baby. What a guy.

If you have any questions, bug reports, or suggestions for the Newted
Community, send them to the address below. Please be aware that I will be
in and out of town over the next few days, so you may not get a response
back until the end of next week. I promise that in the future, I'll be
much more prompt. Really.

     newted_at_servergeeks.com

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Grant Hutchinson Newted Community Handyman
newted_at_servergeeks.com newted.dyndns.org