[NTLK] pkgs not activated - Help please!!!

From: Raphael Coiman (mcracman_at_netscape.net)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 15:09:07 EDT

I need help, please!
This is the second time it happens to me. I do not know how to correct
this>
I have a Newton 2000 upgraded with 2 pc cards 6 & 4 MB as extra storage
space. After installing some extra packs. I ran low in internal memory;
I stopped an decided to
mobilize several pkgs. from the internal to the 6MB card , including
Notion, the main soup; I already had the lists in the card so I moved
Notion too. When I tried to launch
Notion again it did not work. On start up a window error appeared
stating: " An error occurred activating the package Notion.donV. It may
not work with this system. Contact
the software publisher for further info. (port 0, Typo form)"

This problem also happens before after uploading some pictures into my
MP from the camera using Tibet. It frose and restarting a similar
message appeared, but relating to
Eudora mail, an application I ha working perfectly for months.

The xxx.donV file (either Eudora or Noition now) cannot be found in
"Find" command. I deleted the packages and tried to re install the
entire software, and the same error comes
again. I use Notion DB for my daily work and need the data (I had a
back-up from last week) in the Notion lists I cannot access, because the
application doe not work.

I skipped using Eudora (can live without it) but I need to use Notion.

What has happened. What can I do to put my application back into
function? My memory mapping is: Internal memory FREE is 781K, Card1
(free) 2996K and card 2 (free)
2687K. So there is plenty room everywhere for this to function. What is
a file "xxx.donV" ? (Notion.donV). Why the Newton does not activate a
package that was a functioning
one before?. How can it be prevented?

Thanks to everyone who gives me a hand with this.

Raphael Coiman