[NTLK] Airport on Handspring

From: Steve Lombardi (stevelombardi_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 23:31:43 EDT

I was just reading the new Wired and they showed a Xircom Springport
module for the Visor series. It allows Visors to connect wirelessly
to an Airport network, and the module includes web browser, email
software etc.

It drove home all the more that we really need drivers for Airport
PCMIA cards for our Newts. Our machines are far more advanced than a
simple Visor, it irks me somewhat that I could connect my Visor
Deluxe to my home network and check my mail yet my more powerful Newt
cannot (in fact, its far easier for me to reach for the iBook to do
this).

Anyone know of anything in the works by the various developers out there?

--
----
Steve Lombardi