Re: [NTLK] SMS with Siemens Mobile Phone

From: Heiko Cultus (Heiko.Cultus_at_edag.de)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 04:35:26 EDT

eMate wrote:

> I found all the AT&...-codes (that kind of strange modem commands, don't
> understand anything of it!) to control the SMS functions with the datacable,
> anybody knows how to program my eMate so i can send those serial commands to
> my mobile phone? Or is there a program that can do it for you...?

Hi,

That will be hard, because you have to send the SMS in the PDU-Mode (that
includes a strange convertion for the SMS-Text) on the Siemens mobiles. But
there are two persons working on a SMS-Programm for the Newton and I know that
both programms work with Siemens mobiles. I think (hope) they will release there
programms within the next few weeks.

Heiko