Re: [NTLK] Quick Newton to Mac text transfer?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 19:46:07 EDT

At 11:08 AM 8/13/01, you wrote:
>Hi, all,
>
>When working on my old PC< I often used QuickPort together with
>an old
>Tandy
>model 100 utility I had (called laptap.exe) that let me quickly
>dump text
>from the Newton onto my desktop.
>
>Now that I have moved to a place where Macs are the norm (I'd
>been using
>both for years, anyway), I can't do that, and am trying to run via
>ethertalk.
>
>Is there a way to have a simple text dump off the Newton (e.g.
>from Notes)
>that does NOT involve launching NCU?

If you have a serial connection, use QuickPort OR PT100 on the
Newt and ZTerm or equivalent terminal emulator on the Mac.

If you have to use Ethernet, use Quickport.

Or you could set up ICQ clients on the Mac and Newt with 2
separate accounts and IM the text from Newt to
Mac. Unfortunately neither NewtCQ nor NewtJabber will allow you
to paste text into/out of the transfer window, but I think the
new Newton IM will.

-Jeremy