Re: [NTLK] Newton in MacAddict

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 22:03:48 EDT

From the cache of James Elliott <rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com>:

> beyond its years. Unfortunately, it was only available to those in
> the education market.

I had friends with eMates back then... what do they mean education market
only???

> Sadly, the Newton's laughable handwriting recognition and huge case
> doomed it-the device became an interesting side note in Apple history.

Could someone explain this to me? I am constantly amazing (or pissing off)
my friends who just bought Palms with my MP130 which not only had better HWR
but actually allows me to take notes in class better than on paper...

> Next to the picture of the Newton, it reads: Unfortunately, the
> Newton was nearly the size of a baby dolphin.

This is another great curiousity to me. My MP130 is the size of a mass
market paperback... Baby dolphins are much bigger. And my #1 reason for
never buying a Palm was I was SO certain they would release a productive
screen size in a future version... thus my MP130 & eMateU!

b|indwo|f
get up get up/put the body in motion/
if you're curious/and ya got the notion/
???? to it/just start the commotion
-from the cache