Re: [NTLK] Back up time

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 05:04:04 EDT

on 13-08-2001 11:08, Gregory J. Wayman at gwayman_at_mac.com wrote:

> What is the average backup time using NBU.
> but 2 hrs+ and then the computer drops the connection
> because of a communication error can be a bit frustrating.
> I have a 2100 with a Intel 16 meg card which is about half full.
> Could the dropped communication be from running out of memory in the
> application?

Could be, with that amount of data (judging from my own past experience) it
should take about 40 minutes (so your backups are taking way too long !)
over serial and about 4 to 5 minutes over Ethernet.
And yes, give NCU always more than the size of your card, I even prefer
double, but that depends on how much memory you have in the first place,
of course ;-)

Robert Benschop

P.S.
please note, since the bigfoot.com address gave some people some problems to
get through to me I changes my email address.