Re: [NTLK] Teletye GPS

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 06:47:54 EDT

Dear All,

  I am sorry to que in to this discussion so late, however I am interested
in a bit more information on the GPS software for the Newton.

  Specifically I was wondering what type of reciever station one would need
to be able to sync the Newton, I would assume a uMP2000/2100, to a satellite
in order to get maps, routing information (such as directions when
travelling), and/or simple GPS points for locations? Can this software do
these functions, or is it more for acquiring and plotting GPS points, such
as for use in a GIS database?

  Also I seem to have missed if the software is share- or freeware? If it is
a package that needs to be purchased how much does it cost?

  Thank you!

Sam