Re: [NTLK] Newton in MacAddict

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 18:11:38 EDT

Hmmm, I do believe that Grafitti was a Palm construct.
It was based off the Lexionary application from
Motorola which first came to light on the AT&T EO.
Another recognition application that was used on the
EO was Calligrapher. Both of these saw limited use on
the Compaq Aero running Pen Windows.
While the HP 95/100/200 had no handwriting recognition
(no pen input, no touch screen) the HP OmniGo did use
Grafitti. Of the other devices at the time like the
Magic Cap products, and the Zaurus (the American
release versions) and the IBM Simon, they didn't have
any native recognition applications. They had touch
screens, but they were tap navigators with screen
keyboards (in the case of the Zaurus, the keyboard was
part of the device)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- John Ruschmeyer <jruschme_at_home.com> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Grafitti
> was written by Palm
> initially to address the abysmal recognition in the
> Tandy/Casio/AST Zoomer.
> (Palm had written the PIM software for this
> contemporary of the OMP.)
>
> Now *that* was a PDA with a lousy reognizer.
>
> <<<John>>>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...