[NTLK] Notes quirks + serial cables

From: zbir_at_urbanape.com
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 10:07:41 EDT

Hey, all.

Still getting used to the Newt ( still haven't gotten anything installed
yet, either *sniff* ).

Are there any built-in formatting tools for Notes? Specifically the
oddities that arise from changing orientation. Some of my Notes get
overlapped.

Also, it appears that individual block of words ( say, paragraphs ) are
wholly independent. I can't seem to delete white space between them with
the keyboard. They don't seem to be organized that way. This is obvious
in that you can start new snippets at any indentation level. Any way to
grab two or more paragraphs and bind them together so they'd be at the
same indentation level, an act more like a document? Something less than
a Works document.

Yes, I know the serial cables are the usual ol' serial cables. I just
thought that some of the Newtonians out there might have extra sets lying
around, and that it might be slightly cheaper than going with Belkins.
I sound cheap, I know, but at this point, I'm still in the justification
stage of my ownership, and I'm already planning shareware purchases, too
:)

me = { 'name' : 'Zachery Bir', 'email' : 'zbir_at_urbanape.com',
       'voice' : '(804) 353-3742', 'url' : 'http://www.urbanape.com/' }