Re: [NTLK] Back up time

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 12:44:45 EDT

On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 12:42 PM, Glenn Roe wrote:

> For newbies following this thread, once you back up the first time it
> takes a lot less time for future backups as it is just updating the
> existing file. Backing up regularly is really not that intimidating,
> even by serial. It sure is nice to have it if your Newton/eMate has a
> problem. Believe me I care for 10 of them and backups are invaluable.
>
> The point is you should DO IT!

That would be completely true if incremental backups were flawless.
Unfortunately, you need to know that many people that had done
incremental backups with NCU/NBU realized that the backup was unusable
when they needed it the most.

So, most of the old timers will always perform full backups. It means
that you have to remove the files in the NCU backup folder before
launching NCU/NBU.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I thought you should know...

-Laurent.