Re: [NTLK] Error Code -10600 & -10061

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:27:13 EDT

On Friday, August 17, 2001, at 11:30 AM, Eric Kleve wrote:

> I have an upgraded MP2000 and I have been experiencing error codes
> -10600 and -10061 recently which have caused me to brain wipe my newton
> several times. I use -10060 error fix, which seems to correct that
> error, but several times when I get that error I also get a -10600
> error a short time later (Attempt to read or write outside of object
> bounds). When I get -10600, my newton resets with the 'Welcome to
> Newton' and the internal memory is wiped out. The errors seem to
> happen randomly, and not always together. I have read that -10600 may
> be realted to a card getting full, but I have a 20Meg card with several
> megs free. I have also had some 'funny' things happen when using
> certian third party pics with Avi's Backdrop, don't know if this is
> related. Several times when I try to set a picture, I get a message
> saying somthing like "not enough internal memory to display image", but
> no error code and no crash, the previous image remains as the backdrop
> pic.
>
> I would be interested to hear if anyone has had similar problems with
> these types of errors. I know this list has a lot of talented users, I
> would be interested to hear what you all think.

That's a bit strange. Remember that the internal store must have enough
free space for the Newton to operate, since a lot of things got saved
there, no matter if you have 2 20 MB cards that are completely empty.

That being said for the storage, don't forget that the Newton uses some
memory as "heap", where programs' variables are kept. The more packages
you install internally or have on any inserted card, the more memory it
can takes.

That's all what I can see for now. As a test, try to run your Newton
without the 20 MB card, if you can. See if you're still having the
problem.

-Laurent.