Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #138

From: Sean Luke (seanl_at_cs.umd.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 18:25:27 EDT

Steve wrote:

> FYI. there's also a Waba-based "Majong". you can see it listed (along
> with other Newton versions) on:
> http://members.home.net/saweyer/waba/dev/app_index.htm

It should be mentioned that the Waba Mahjong game (which I can't yet get
to work reliably within the MP2K's limited heap memory btw -- too many
images) is the REAL Mahjong game, a Chinese game of tiles which strongly
influenced Bridge, Rook, Gin/Rummy, and a variety of other Victorian-era
card games. It's the game that the Joy Luck Club played.

As opposed to "Majong" puzzle thing popularized by Windoze and available
in the pretty ScrawlSoft form, a totally different thing.

[Note to Steve: apparently there are separate versions of HK Majong for
Palm and for WinCE; our version is sized for WinCE, maybe the Palm version
would work better on the Newt]

Sean