Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Memory Cards

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 03:12:38 EDT

I've asked and observed in a previous message about
the higher memory cards failing at a more rapid pace
than smaller memory cards.
I don't know about anyone else, but my Original Newton
1mb cards are perfect! I've had then in a half a dozen
Newtons and reset the Newts on a regular basis with
the cards installed! I've even used these cards on
Sony Magic Links and Motorola Envoys with no problems.
I've also got several 2mb cards that are
flawless...I'm not gentle with my things and so I
can't say that I've ever babied these cards!
So, has anyone else noticed that the higher capacity
cards have a tendance to be a bit more delicate than
the lower capacity cards?
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Dave Abramowitz <underdog_at_erols.com> wrote:

> Actually, my 2MB is fine, no damage. When I take it
> out properly using SBM's
> eject utility, it's fine. It's when I try to insert
> the new 20 MB card that
> the Newt just freezes. The 20 MB card's supposed to
> work, but right now,
> unless I take it out, and put the 2MB card back in,
> Newt's not happy (works
> fine when I put the 2MB back in).
<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...