Re: [NTLK] Newton in MacAddict

From: Andy Pasulka (anp_at_imaxx.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 07:16:30 EDT

on 8/17/01 7:34 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:49:53 +0200
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton in MacAddict
> From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>

> on 8/15/01 4:55 PM, b|indwo|f at blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com wrote:
>
>> Tony Tony Tony... you should know better than that. These people aren't
>> "addicted" to Mac. Their addicted to the massive profit to be made in
>> ripping the Mac community. They publish MacWorld too... I only ever look
>> at it for pictures... and at the library.
>
> When did Imagine Media begin publishing MacWorld? This is news to me.

Blindwolf might be thinking of the absorption of MacUser into MacWorld, or
vice versa (?). I think the parent co of MacUser bought MacWorld, but
subverted the MacUser name in favor of the Macworld name, because MW had a
larger circulation. MacUser is the title that's now missing from the
newsstand, you'll notice.

ANP

--

Destroy -nothing -the most important thing (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp_at_imaxx.net