Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Memory Cards

From: Andy Pasulka (anp_at_imaxx.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 07:22:36 EDT

> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:02:21 -0400
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Memory Cards
> From: Dave Abramowitz <underdog_at_erols.com>
>

> The Newt just does not seem to want to boot with the 20 MB card in the slot.
> I anxiously await the brain power of my fellow Newtonians. At this point,
> I'm stumped.

It *could* be that the 20 MB card is drawing too much power. Are you trying
this with the power adaptor plugged in, or are you running off batteries?

Otherwise, it might be format problem. I hear there's a way to resurrect a
card with a PeeCee laptop; check the FAQ to be sure.

I assume that it is a Flash memory card, not ATA. If it's ATA, you might
want to take a little trip to Paul Guyot's website, kallisys.com and read up
on the ATA driver that's in beta.

ANP

--

Emphasize repetitions (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp_at_imaxx.net