Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Memory Cards

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 07:31:15 EDT

Hmmm, can't say, I've used mainly cards 16 meg. and over for info. and pkgs.
There is an article at www.pencomputing.com that Apple doesn't 'recommend'
cards larger than 4 megs., however D.O.D. from smaller.com used 32 meg.
cards during MP2x00's development. Sounds more like Apple didn't want to
warranty large cards when ATA was going to be added.
I've 'soft-reset' my 32 meg. cards hundreds of times, never had a problem.
I had only one problem with a 32 meg. card, I maxed the card out and
wouldn't let me download a large email, I tried three times then my Newt.
turned off, Wouldn't wakeup until I pulled the card out. Then I got a
large bus error. Sent it back to timasci.com and got a replacement,
nowadays I don't store more than 31.5 meg. on any of my 32 meg. cards.
I still have my SRAM 1 meg. cards, both Apple and MagicLink branded cards,
they still work!
>So, has anyone else noticed that the higher capacity
>cards have a tendance to be a bit more delicate than
>the lower capacity cards?
>Ed

!ooW %-)
My Newt. will still be productive way after the last Palm/Handspring is
six-feet under.
 http://www.newtontalk.net