Re: [NTLK] VNC Question (Is there a VNC client for Newton?)

From: John Skinner (ndutyme_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 01:01:27 EDT

This question comes up from time to time on the list here.

I don't think there will be a Timbuktu for Newton anytime soon.

As for VNC on the Newton,... I know that I have asked this before.

It seems that there once was a beta version available on the site you
listed, but they have removed all links/references to it. (At one point
someone found the link to the page with the beta!)

It didn't work.

I was wondering if it were possible to use the Java version of VNC with
Waba on the Newton?
(When you install VNCserver on Mac or Windows, it is accessible from a
web browser via some Java. URL would be http://your_ip_address:5800)

Sean Luke or Steve Weyer might have some input about this. Huh guys?

doppler wrote:

> does anyone know of a VNC client for newton (ready or planned)?
>
> Timbuktu?

John Skinner
A+ Certified Computer Technician
Microsoft Certified Professional