Re: [NTLK] Makin' books

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 14:24:40 EDT

>I also have had so much trouble making newton books. If someone knows
>how to create a newton book on the binary level, please tell me. I
>would love to create some sort of java conversion utility to help us all.

Everything is documented or nearly everything.
Books are NewtonScript frame parts of type book. Try to get some tool
making those first and embedding them into packages (cf Newton
Formats).
Then, grab ViewFrame and look into the books created by NewtonPress.
Or just look at BookMaker output. I think this is more or less
documented somewhere, but I don't recall where.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/