[NTLK] Brain extensions

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 08:36:46 EDT

> In short, the device should be
> an extension of the user...in my case, a spare brain.

Well... actually... I much rather rely on my own brain.
Especially since the time when my first electronic database
forgot my password. Not I had forgotten it, but this
stupid device had. Which was quite embarassing as I was in
an office where I urgently needed an address stored in said
device. Ever tried to explain to a grinning office clerk that
you can't get at your data because your fancy toy has forgotten
your password? This evening saw me throw the device on the floor,
step on it, turn around a couple of times and put the fragments
under my trash bin's custody. Since then I have taken to
learning at least the most important addresses and phone numbers
by heart.

Frank