Re: [NTLK] OMP Flash Card Problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 09:51:34 EDT

On Friday, August 24, 2001, at 06:51 AM, Michael Schaefer wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my sister's OMP. When I bought it there was no
> blanking plate for the flash card slot. So, I just left the Getting
> Started
> Card which came with the unit in. However, I recently got a memory card
> for
> her but when I try to swap the cards I get the message: Newton still
> nedds
> the card you removed ... When I thentake it back out the Newton stalls.
> After rebooting with no card inserted it doesn't ask for it and you can
> use
> it without a card as soon as you try to insert the new card you get the
> same
> message again. It's running 1.05 and the card works in my 2000. Any
> thoughts?

Sometimes, that happens. You have to put back the card and wait until
the Newton tells you that you can then remove the card. Then you can
safely remove it. It that's not what happens, there is something wrong
on her Newton, probably some software that doesn't play nice with
others...

-Laurent.

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook