Re: [NTLK] eMate screen question.

From: Josh mac.com (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 18:19:52 EDT

on 8/25/01 3:06 PM, THX 1138 at onefishtwofish_at_mac.com wrote:

> Well, it's been a good day here in this house for obsolete
> technology, I've gotten a new (old) emate and gotten my new 8-track
> deck up and running. One problem with the emate, however. Everything
> works fine but the screen, which seems to be missing every fourth row
> of pixels on the the right side of the screen. I knew it had screen
> problems when I bought it (for 60 bucks) so I'm not too upset, I just
> want to know if it is a shop fixable problem, or if I'd have to send
> it back into Apple.
>
> Any ideas or experience in this dept. would be most welcome. TIA.
>
> later

This happened on a couple of the eMates that I used to take care of. The
ribbon cable connecting the touch screen to the logic board has been pinched
or punctured by the spring on the display that allows it to be rotated.
This happens with age it seems, and the only fix is to send it to Apple.
$60 though, not too shabby.

I have Workingman's Dead on 8 track, but nothing else. Hope you're rocking
out.

Josh Burker