Re: [NTLK] info-newt.com

From: Kolbjørn Barmen (kolla_at_nvg.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 05:31:25 EDT

If you're interested, I could set up and ssh/ftp account on our
webserver here at the university computer club, to host info-newt.
The server is a regular linux box with apache/php/python/perl etc.
We already host various other sites, such as the back2roots amiga
archives, Planet Sinclair, Acorn/BBC, local astronomy clubs, various
bands etc.

All for free ofcourse. :)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Bill Davis wrote:

> >I miss www.info-newt.com
> >sad that the site is down...
> >what could make it get online again?
> >andreas
> >--
>
> It'd take Qwest activating my DSL account. They've screwed it up AGAIN.
> Now the activation date is September 5th or 7th. I'm currently trying to
> light a fire under their butts, but....it's the phone company. They don't
> care.
>
> Anyone out there reading this who works for Qwest....you work for the
> most pathetic, incompetent company I've ever encounted. SHAME on you and
> all your co-workers. I'd FIRE anyone who worked for me who was so
> incompetent.
>
> I was thinking about just switching to @Home for internet access; it's
> faster, cheaper, and they get it installed much faster (a couple of days
> rather than 10 days or more)....but due to the Code Red virus, they've
> shut off access to port 80 so you can't run a web server. So I can't use
> them for Info-Newt serving.
>
> If I do that (and it's looking likely) I doubt Info-Newt will come back
> online. It's probably gone for good.
>
> But now I hear that @Home is having financial problems. So at the
> moment, I'm up in the air about what I'm going to do. (I'm half tempted
> to go with @Home, then wait until the day before the DSL account is due
> to go online and cancel the DSL and demand a refund on the modem. Just
> to get even with Qwest.)
>
> -Bill

> \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
> `( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
> \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
> = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
>

> --

-- kolla