[NTLK] infonewt.com

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 14:40:19 EDT

>I was thinking about just switching to @Home for internet access; it's
>faster, cheaper, and they get it installed much faster (a couple of days
>rather than 10 days or more)....
>.but due to the Code Red virus, they've
>shut off access to port 80 so you can't run a web server. So I can't use
>them for Info-Newt serving.

But you could host it on their server fine, you're just stuck ftp'ing your
local copy up when you make changes. A bit of a pain, but if you used
dyndns for your domain, you can just redirect it to your
people.athome.com/infonewt account (or whatever they have set up for
public pages) is called). Should work just fine, I think. and be
transparent to most.

I'm just setting up stuff that way here (mediaone.net/comcast, but
@home will be the provider soon (currently RR) (it's all a mess and
everyone seems to own each other :); bummer about the incoming port 80
block, but I can see what they have done that. Stupid Windows/MSoft
anyway.

Brian