Re: [NTLK] Newbie NCU/NBU (on a PC) Question

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_us.gases.boc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 14:20:00 EDT

One feeble suggestion: set the NCU priority to high or realtime
(ctrl-alt-del, task manager, processes, right-click NCU).

But. . . I've never been able to get NCU to back up on my Windows NT P-III
laptop. Setting it to realtime helped, it got halfway through the backup
before it failed. Without realtime, it always fails just after "creating
backup file". I found no help running at 9600 vs the default 38400 bps.

I never tried slowdown.exe because I just went back to my Windows 95 P-166
computer and did the backup there. It worked fine on the slower computer,
no slowdown.exe, no realtime (and therefore, I know it wasn't corrupted data
on the MP2000).