Re: [NTLK] Aftermarket upgrade survey @ NewtonTalk.net

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 16:24:08 EDT

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:07:54 -0400
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Aftermarket upgrade survey @ NewtonTalk.net
> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>

> on 29/08/01 08:13, oliver.brose_at_t-online.de at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
> wrote:
> [...]
>> BTW: People, you won't get the hardware that cheap, no matter how much you
>> vote ;)
>
> People have maybe in mind that a total repair at Apple is $180. Considering
> somebody was advertising a 2000 here yesterday for $250, I, for one,
> wouldn't pay more than $100-$125 for a replacement touchscreen, specially if
> mine is still working.

Ah, forgot that the MPs are a little less expensive in the US.
A $250 MP in Germany has to be faulty, too good to be true ;)
Plus we always have to add a healty pile of $$ for adequate shipping.

The total repair at Apple won't get you a better screen, though...

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.