[NTLK] AW: PC serial cable connector

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 05:32:34 EDT

Since the serial interfaces on the PC (RS232) have male connectors (either DB9 or DB 25), you should use a female connector for your cable.
The original cable has a DB 9.
But what you prefer depends on your PC you want to connect to: if it has DB 9 or DB 25.
I would recommend to use the same type because otherwise you would need an additional DB 9 to DB 25 adaptor, which is possible too.
Electrically there is no difference in using DB 9 or DB 25: both of them contain all important signals.

Johannes