[NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade Web Page

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 11:08:06 EDT

> From: cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com
> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:35:15 -0400
> Subject: [NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade Web Page
>
> I have posted an information page at a temporary location.
>
> This will allow interested Newton users to check the progress on the
> touchscreen/backlight replacement project.
>
> http://pw2.netcom.com/~cgrier/

Very nice!

I have some questions:
- What are those white bars one can see on top and bottom of the screen?
It looks as if the screen is not as high as the original..
- The display of the upgraded MP looks as if it was sitting deeper (ergo
it's slimmer than the original) in the case, but I guess that's just an
optical effect due to the white bars.
- Will you provide "in action" pics of the working display the backlights in
the dark, including an original vs. upgrade shootout?
- Is the BL-material visible through/on the sides the display if inactive?

I'm very interested in this project, my OMP just kicked mud on my 2100's ego
regarding contrast.

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
Technical points aside, you could probably beat someone to
death with a Newton if you had to.  Try that with a Palm Pilot!

from newtontalk -> http://www.newtontalk.net