Re: [NTLK] Help, My 2100er screen is going crazy

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 12:27:39 EDT

on 31/08/01 06:23, Dominik Westner at lists_at_logicunited.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my 2100er looses its calibration within minutes. Sometimes it is not
> possible to calibrate it at all.
>
> I have read a suggestion on one of the newton websites to put a thick
> paper between the screen and the enclosure in the corners of the screen.
>
> Actually this helped for a while. But now it's back again.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what's the reason for this and how to get this
> fixed?

You're probably talking about the "jaggies", which is common on 2x00 after
using them for a little while.

Some people mentioned cleaning the edge of the screen, underneath the case,
some people mentioned system soup entries becoming corrupted, and some
people mentioned a hardware problem, where the touch screen is simply
wearing out, so that your only recourse is to send the unit to Apple for
service.

Pick your choice. Before trying the hardware solution, you might want to try
to fix the previous 2 and if doesn't work, then you're down to number 3...

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook