[NTLK] Infra Red

From: Dave's Newton (davesnewton_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 04:06:37 EST

Hi All,

I'm wondering what anyone can tell me about the infrared side of the
Newton.

To explain, I race Go Karts and have a small lap timing and engine revs
computer on my kart. It has the ability to beam it's data to a PC in
csv format, so that you can graph it etc... etc...

Of course you've all guessed that I'd *love* to be able to use the
Newton for this. I know that I'll need a custom programmed app for
this and I'm happy to give it a go, but I haven't the faintest on how
to integrate infrared into this sort of app. I also have no idea of
the structure of the incoming stream, so I know I'm doing it blind, but
there's no point in not having a go...

Any ideas=3F

Regards

Dave