Re: [NTLK] Basilisk II

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 10:51:40 EST

On 12/1/01, Dave's Newton quoth:
>All I want to use Basilisk II for is connecting with the Newton. I am
>given a choice of Mac OS 7.x, or 8.x and apparently, I can download 7.x
>for free - I don't know about 8.x. I've never used a Mac (though I
>would probably regret that decision if I used one for a while), so I
>don't know anything about them.

If you can find it (it's a bit grey market) 7.1.1 is my favorite
system for 68k chips. fast, easy and oh so stable. keep in mind this
is the base system for most newton apps, so in theory should be the
most stable.

Also, IIRC the last mac system to handle the 400k floppy format, if
that means anything to you in terms of obsolescence compatibility. ;)

later

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com