Re: [NTLK] Newton Press under Classic ???

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 13:27:59 EST

on 12/1/01 1:49 PM, BK at bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> This is because if I turn on some more, then Classic will hang during
> its startup.

I just had this happen when I upgraded to 9.2, and discovered, after two
days of searching, installing and re-installing everything, that I had an
AppleScript scripting extension that was either incompatible with 9.2, or
was corrupt. You might try starting with the Scripting additions folder, and
remove all items from it and then rebooting with everything else on. If it
works, then one of those scripting extensions is bad. What happened to me,
was that when AppleScript tried to launch after the extensions had loaded,
it would hit this addition, and freeze the whole computer. Since it wasn't
an extension, and is not in either the control panels or extensions folders,
it took me a while to find it (that's too long a story to relate here).
Needless to say, I recommend trying this approach. It just might fix your
problem. Oh, and the addition that caused my problems was the osax addition.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland