[NTLK] Re - Dead MP 130

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 20:45:58 EST

> I have a completely dead MP 130. I t will not come on by the power
switch,
> reset button or any of the FAQ related tricks.

You might want to try what I describe at the top of the page of my
130 disassembly instructions. See the hardware section of www.pdaa-soft.de.
Very often this is a problem with a bad connection on the printed circuit
board that is probably located at the part to the right of the battery
compartment where the ribbon cable plug is. You might want to remove the
ribbon cable from the plug and put it back in again, you might also want
to experiment with twisting and bending the board somewhat.
If you do find out which components are responsible for power on and off,
please let us know. If you can get me a schematic diagram of the 130,
two kilograms of the finest German chocolate are as good as yours.

Frank