Re: [NTLK] Newton 2002

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 13:14:15 EST

> Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:47:34 +0900
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton 2002
> From: BK <bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
>

> On Sunday, December 2, 2001, at 03:44 , Jon Glass wrote:
>
>> on 12/1/01 6:39 PM, BK at bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> and we get Lavazza to built it for us.
>
> Oh, that will need to be added to the list of requirements for any
> future Newton: a barcode scanning software (perhaps using the IR port ?)
> and a MyGroceries database connected with the Dates app, so that the
> Newton will tell you in advance when you need to buy a new box of
> coffee, well before the weekend.

Uhm, why not make the Newton ask:"You're running low on milk, Lavazza,
french butter and brown sugar, shall I place an order?" YES/NO.
The Newton connects to your favourite online supplier, places the order, no
hassle.
Trouble is that I could do only 3/4 of the standard weekend shopping for
groceries online, the rest is specialties that I have to pick up myself.

Oliver :)

--
Grafitti cramps are no fun at all!