Re: [NTLK] NewtVNC server success!

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 16:17:52 EST

> From: John Skinner <john_at_johnskinner.net>
>

> I have successfully used VNC for Newton v 3.3a9 in server mode!
>
> I had a friend of mine connect to my Newton VNC server, via the
> internet, with his Windows VNC viewer app.
>
> He was controlling my newton and fired up PT100 and connected to another
> linux box yet somewhere else on the internet!
>
> All the while, my Newton was still serving web pages and never crashed!
>
> Thanks Steve!
> A love this little bugger!!

I'm glad it's working well. (I haven't heard of any problems so have been
taking a few days off to catch up on real life (non-computer) stuff).

has anyone been able to use another Newton as a viewer to a Newton server?
(several said they'd try over the weekend)
I can't think of any reason it shouldn't work,
but I don't actually have 2 NOS 2.1 Newtons to test with.

--
Steve
  http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#VNC