Re: [NTLK] eMate memory upgrade

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 22:53:58 EST

Let's see, going off memory because the file cabinet with the Newertech
manual in it is blocked by 4 CPUs and a monitor stacked up in my office...

Do not touch the contacts on the memory module at all!!!!

Turn unit off

Open back cover with torx driver #8

Ground yourself on the electrical contacts exposed on the bottom of eMate

Disconnect battery pack

Ground yourself again (actually only necessary once but I can't recall if it
is before or after disconnecting the battery pack)

Place module into slot (you need to push it into the contacts while holding
at an approx. 45 degree angle, then swing it down into position so the clips
grap the module. If you don't push it in place first, it won't be seated
properly)

Reconnect the battery pack

Replace the cover and screws

Fire it up.

Check to make certain the new module is recognized and counted in the
"Memory" section of the "Info" button in Extras. It should read "System RAM
Installed 3972K"

If it shows "993K", then the module either isn't seated properly or is
defective.

No the ROM Version is not affected by the additional memory.

Good luck,

Ken Whitcomb