Re: [NTLK] [OT] Unlock code for NewtFTP ?

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 19:48:31 EST

Ts ts ts, Mr. Pickett...

> That's pretty cool to know, but in typical MacOS fashion, that
> apparently requires having a proprietary Hotline or Carracho client=
> access the proprietary servers that use proprietary protocols that=
 are
> reinventions of existing ones.

Huh, what? There have been allways Win and Mac clients for hotline!

> And Mac people wonder why their universe is marginalized. Stop=
 making
> up your own protocols and standards, and the world might choose to=
 share
> with you.

What the %$"& are you talking about? A kind person told you about a=
 source
at other people=B4s server who owe nothing to me or you. They chose to=
 run
a server which can only be accessed by the Carracho client (made here=
 in
Germany) which is Mac-only because the Carraocho-company likes to=
 develop
for Macs and it has some good advantages compared to Hotline.=
 Insultations
of your kind won=B4t drive anybody to Windows, obviously...

> Sorry, rant off. None of that specifically aimed at you, Mark,=
 because
> that -is- a cool pointer. I'd just like to be able to GET to it=
 without
> sacrificing my fucking firstborn to Steve Jobs.

Who asked you to?

> And sorry, I'm a little drunk

ok, that=B4s the reason...

> and about to start a flamewar, and I put
> my [OT] in the header so people can filter it out, but I'm -really-
> -really- frustrated by all of this. Please feel free to ignore me;
> it's not about MacOS versus Windows or the like, it's about people.

It is, and if you wouldn=B4t drink before posting, you might not have=
 bitched
about folks who didn=B4t do you nothing and who simply make you=
 envious.
You could have asked politely if someone could get the file for you=
 and
send it to you. Judging from your demeanour, it=B4s not worth helping=
 you.
All the more, as you only plan to leach the server and

> put its contents up on an actual
> webserver

thus endangering you and folks associated with the source of the files.

> that actual people

"actual"?

>running actual OS'es

What? Obviously you=B4re not "actual" this time ;-)

> (including, gasp,
> NewtonOS) can get to.

You shouldn=B4t believe Intel=B4s add slogan "the center of your=
 digital world"
so easily next time. :-)

Hagen Lang