Re: [NTLK] Hoarding revisited...

From: rkadowns_at_mac.com
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 23:13:00 EST

I just won a bid on a separate upgraded 2000. I thought I would try
bidding on one that was not advertised as a MessagePad but rather a
newton 2000. I won the bid. Apparently those who hoard newtons were
not that privy as the auction ended at $202.50. I did agree to pay more
to the seller since it didn't make reserve, but I was glad that I picked
one up for under $300 without a hoarder being involved.

I can see the need for a backup, but come on, 7 of them? Must be
careless or hopes to make a quick buck selling to other hoarders.
Eventually those who are stuck with 120's or 130's because of financial
status will never have the opportunity to use the cream of the crop.