[NTLK] horribly slow ethernet?

From: Daniel M. Drucker (dmd_at_3e.org)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 06:00:51 EST

I got and ethernet card and installed the drivers and have been able to
sucessfully make a connection, but it's *ridiculously* slow.

In NewtScape, it takes over a minute to load this page:
  http://3e.org/test.html

In PT100, connecting to a machine on the local network, it takes 20 seconds
or so to send one character.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Newtscape and the ethernet drivers are the only non-builtin packages I have
installed.

Daniel Drucker
dmd_at_3e.org