Re: [NTLK] 3com card not recognized?

From: Mike Drabicki (drabicki_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 13:27:44 EST

>I have what's probably a dumb question. I just got a 3Com 3CXE589DT network
>card (x-jack) and when I insert it into my MP2100, I get an error (cannot
>recognize this kind of card). Any ideas? I have the farralon and 3com
>drivers installed and they worked fine with my older Farallon 589
>(etherwave) card.
>
>any ideas appreciated.
>
>-Hal

I have the same card and would get the same error message. The key is
the NIE 2 instructions follow those first then Chuma Ethernet
instructions.

I got my card working by first unistalling all related ethernet stuff
and card drivers. I then installed in this order.

inetstup.pkg
inetenbl.pkg
loctsup.pkg
newtdev.pkg
enetsup.pkg
FarallonEthernet.pkg
3comaddon.pkg
3c589.pkg

Under my Preferences I set Appletalk as follows:
Connect using EtherTalk
Card 3Com 3C589 D PC Card

I do not know why I can not use the driver for Megahertz 589DT. There
is hope. Other driver setups may work, but once I got it working I
stopped experimenting.

Enjoy the speed of Ethernet!

--
Mike Drabicki
WhizBang! Visuals

Yell. Jump. Play. Out-run those sons-of-bitches. They'll never live the way you live. Go do it. --Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing