Re: [NTLK] GhostScript (linux) printing with a Newton?

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 17:45:45 EST

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Oh, a real easy thing, then!

Yes ;)

For Debian, this should do it:

apt-get install lpr
apt-get install netatalk

Then put these two lines into /etc/netatalk/papd.conf:

PrinterName:\
         :lp=|cat >/tmp/out.ps:

Reboot - this is necessary on systems like Linux where netatalk cannot
be restarted cleanly.

A printer with the name "PrinterName" now shows up in the print dialog
on the Newton. The file can be found in /tmp/out.ps after printing.
Smarter file saving (like grabbing the document title out of the PS
file) is left as an exercise to the reader ;)

Eckhart

PS: I haven't checked for Mac OS X, chances are that most of the stuff
is already there.
PPS: If you run Windows, I pity you ;) Get a PC from a garage sale and
put Linux on it.

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --