Re: [NTLK] Problem with 2100

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 23:33:23 EST

I've had my PDA Panache stylus the day they started
making them again. For the longest time, they didn't
sell them. Then all of a sudden (as it says on their
site, "due to popular demand") The began carrying
them. I purchased one and have used it exclusivly,
even though I have a brand new, in it's own case,
Apple silver pen that has never been used...I have no
complaints on this pen.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Dustin Long <dlong_at_tamu.edu> wrote:

> Another stylus alternative is PDA Panache. When I
> first got my MP2k I
> foolishly cross-threaded the writing tip and wrecked
> it. After several
> failed experiments with different "superglue"
> products, I ended up just
> buyin a stylus from these guys; it's worked great.
> According to their
> site, an MP2k stylus will run you $15.95 and comes
> with a lifetime tip
> replacement guarantee.
> http://www.pdapanache.com/shop.asp
>
> (FWIW the chrome finish is a little "slippery" for
> me, but the bright
> orange writing tip is MUCH nicer than the dark dark
> green of the original
> Newton stylus. And, as an added bonus, you don't
> have to deal with
> Apple. ;)
>
> ~Dustin
>
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Brian wrote:
>

> > >on another topic - are you able to get any prices
> from apple .au for emate
> > >replacement parts? (i need a stylus)
> >
> > Cheap Emate styluses (I want to say stylii but
> recall a thread a long time
> > ago about such things so will not) are $5/box (of
> 24) at www.smalldog.com.
> >
> > They were $1/box for ages but now their stock left
> is 25 or so, and the
> > price went up a month ago.
> >
> > If for some reason they won't ship to .au send me
> an email off-list and
> > we'll figure something out.
> >
> > If you want something fancier, it's hard to find.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -