Re: [NTLK] More printing questions...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 02:47:46 EST

on 12/6/01 11:59 PM, Aron Hsiao at thoth_at_leapdragon.net wrote:

> 2) I then tried to cable between the LWIIg's AppleTalk port
> and the newt's interconnect port. The newt does find the
> printer on the network that way, too, but I get the same
> result in the end.

Hm. I have a IIg and a MP 130. I tried what you described above, pulling my
wife's LocalTalk plug from the Appletalk port and plugging my Newton's
serial cable. Opened an outline in Notes, and it printed fine. I can't
imagine what is wrong on your Newton. Maybe trying to print via the ethernet
messed you up? Try resetting the newton and then choosing the printer in the
Chooser again. What you described should have worked.

Is it possible you've added some sort of extension to the Newton that is
conflicting? (something that effects the transport)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland