Re: [NTLK] GhostScript (linux) printing with a Newton?

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 09:21:06 EST

> Karel Jansens wrote:
> > To cut the rambling: Can the Newton print to a Postscript file and if so,
> > how?
>
> Connect the Newton to a Unix box (either via Ethernet or Localtalk) and
> setup a printer queue on the Unix box using netatalk. Let that printer
> queue save its jobs into a file instead of printing it (probably using a
> filter) and you're done... not too hard if you do some scripting on the
> Unix side. Basically, you need to get familiar with lpd, printcap and
> netatalk.
>
> Eckhart

I know about that one, and eventually this would be the solution I will go
for.

Unfortunately, as I explained to another poster, my current ethernet/modem
combocard is not supported for the Newton, so I was looking for a good,
albeit temporary, alternative.

Thanks for the reply,

Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be