[NTLK] two UMP2K problems, redux

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 08:48:10 EST

I think I was a bit unclear. Here are the problems, again.

#1: With a battery that seems to hold a charge and work fine, the
 machine once or twice a day won't turn on and I have to do the
 drain-the-capacitor trick. It happens after I carry the machine
 around in a waist/shoulder pouch, and I thought some loose contact
 might be responsible, but why shouldn't it just reset due to loss of
 power, rather than require the draining?

#2: I tried a Newton rechargeable battery out of the package, bought
 several years ago but never used, and it seems to only hold about a
 quarter charge, and I wondered if it can be "restored".

Thanks. --PR