Re: [NTLK] where oh where has my xj1560 driver gone !?!

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 11:18:04 EST

on 08/12/01 10:28, Randy & Cheyanne at charanZZZ_at_olypen.com wrote:

> grant said:
>
> Netstrategy Software hasn't been around since 1999, and their site was
> retired along with the company. However, I found a copy of it on the
> Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and grabbed a copy of the driver from
> the archived software download page.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.netstrat.com/html/software_download.html
>
> If you have trouble accessing the Wayback Machine site, you can download
> the driver from mine:
>
> http://www.splorp.com/download/Megahertz_PC_56K_1.0a1.hqx
> http://www.splorp.com/download/Megahertz_PC_56K_1.0a1.zip
>
> Be aware, this driver is an alpha version and doesn't seem to want to
> install properly on my MP2100.
>

> Larent asked:
> Does it work or not?
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Thank you Grant.
>
> It worked great on my Newt. I don't have Bugtrap installed to check it
> likeGrant has. I just know that it downloaded as an actual package with
> the proper icon and installed with ease on the newton. And, most
> important. It ran the modem. I checked email, surfed the net and
> chatted on IRC with it. In the short time I have used it, it has worked
> with a hitch.

Thanks, Randy. That might be something I would be on the lookup for...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)