[NTLK] AW: Switching regulator in the 2000

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 03:35:12 EST

The "big" switching regulator (dc/dc converter) you can see on the logic board near the battery compartment is for generating "high voltage" for the display light. It is built in discrete parts using the transformer which generates the famous wining sound...
I do not know which regulators are used to stabilize 5V and 3.3V, but probably those are linear regulators.

Johannes